Have you used hydrosols yet? Hydrosols are also known as “Flower Water”. If you like essential oils you’ll want to be sure to add these to your daily regimen. If you aren’t familiar with what a hydrosol is, it’s a water solution that contains micro-molecules of essential oils. The plants used in the hydrosols are steam-distilled to release the oils. So when you spray the hydrosol, each droplet of water includes some essential oil as well. They are refreshing, smell amazing and are very versatile!
Here is a list of my ten favorite ways to use Hydrosols:
- Mist on my face after I wash it, using the hydrosol as a skin toner.
- 2-3 sprays on my face perks me up if I’m feeling tired and sluggish.
- Spray in the air to give a fresh smell to a room and it disinfects the air as well.
- Spitz on minor wounds to help sooth the scratch/cut, as the hydrosol helps kill germs and aids in healing.
- They are even used as surface cleaners, but I only use it to clean off my cell phone and key board. I save the larger surfaces for other cleaning products. 😉
- Spray on my daughter’s pillow before bed to aid in peaceful rest (lavender hydrosol).
- I mist it on my face, neck and feet if I’m feeling hot and it instantly cools me down.
- It feels great on the skin after a day in the sun!
- In the bath! Add just 1/2 cup of hydrosol to a tub of water.
- Mix it in a drink, but make sure it’s safe to consume. My lavender hydrosol has a recipe for relaxing drink: Mix 1 tablespoon of lavender hydrosol, with 8oz of mineral water. ❤
I’ve also heard of people using the spray on pets for minor abrasions.
A portion of these products were generously provided by Lakewinds Food Co-op.